Young Adult Career Advisor, Learning To Work At Erasmus' Young Adult Borough Center
BILINGUAL ENGLISH/HAITIAN CREOLE PREFERRED
Young Adult Borough Center (YABC) and Learning-to-Work Center (LTWC) located at Erasmus High School will provide program services to 250-300 students ages 17 ½ -21 that are overage and under-credited toward graduation. YABC and LTWC is a partnership that will use a Primary Person Model wherein each student will have a primary contact person that will assist the student to remove barriers preventing their success. In addition, students are provided with supportive services to increase their self-direction and self-sufficiency through meaningful career exploration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected to:
(1) serve as young adult students' primary motivator and coordinator of program services; and
(2) assist "at-risk" young adult students in eliminating barriers to education/employment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree in social work or a related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Must obtain Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- Ability to adapt to the culture and environment of a public school.
- Evening hours required.
The hours for this position are:
M-Th 1:00-9:00, Fridays 9:00-5:00