CAMBA's HomeBase Program is seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Crown Heights, Brooklyn office. CAMBA's HomeBase Program provides case management and essential services to at-risk individuals and families in Brooklyn and Staten Island to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing professional customer service while ensuring confidentiality is maintained: greeting, accommodating and monitoring clients in the waiting area; answering and screening incoming telephone calls and directing callers and general voicemail messages to the appropriate personnel
- Providing top notch administrative support to ensure the smooth operations of all departments
- Assisting non-clerical staff with clerical work (i.e., data collection and data verification)
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office software and knowledge of databases
- Ability to type 45 words per minute
- Energetic, proactive, customer-service oriented, culturally competent, team player
- Excellent sense of humor, flexibility, ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Since 1977, CAMBA has helped New Yorkers transform their lives by providing holistic programs to individuals, families and communities. CAMBA takes a comprehensive approach to helping individuals, families and communities thrive, offering integrated programs in: Economic Development, Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. Our programs build inclusive communities where New Yorkers have the support they need to reach their full potential.
CAMBA offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits and an opportunity to work in a friendly and diverse work environment.