CAMBA's Human Resources (HR) Department manages all aspects of human resources and administrative functions such as onboarding, employee benefits, compensation, recruitment, interviewing, and hiring new staff. The Human Resources Department's goals are to enhance employee morale and productivity, limit job turnover, effectively use employee skills/knowledge/abilities, provide training and development opportunities to improve those skills, and increase employees' job satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The person filling this position is expected to facilitate and provide professional and/or administrative HR activities/functions; including the following:
- Conduct filing of HR Personnel documents and employee files.
- Manage and organize the HR filing room to ensure that all active employee and terminated employee files are in alphabetical order.
- Prepare and facilitate employee orientations, for part-time staff, and assist new hires to complete all required benefits and regulatory paperwork.
- Assist employees to complete and/or modify employee benefit paperwork (i.e., direct deposit forms, process address changes and/or updates to their W4 forms upon request, etc).
- Enroll and/or terminate employees in the Transit Commuter Benefit Plan and assist employees to troubleshoot claim issues.
- Complete verification of employment by preparing letters and forms regarding employment start date, salaries, etc., as requested by employees/employers (for banking, mortgages, landlords, HRA forms, etc.)
- Locate, review and prepare personnel files for audits.
- Prepare, update and distribute monthly management list to all management staff.
- Enter written warnings into HR's ABRA database.
- Assist with data entry into DYCD online database for new hires from CAMBA's After School Programs.
- Visit CAMBA program sites to make sure the Open Position Listing is posted in an area accessible to all staff.
- Participate in administrative and staff meetings.
- Write weekly reports and submit to Vice-President of HR.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This is an entry level position.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
Must abide by strict ethical standards.
Must maintain integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality at all times.
Be thoroughly familiar with the organization and its human resources policies.
Be informed about equal employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act.