CAMBA's The Landing Family Shelter offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to homeless families who are in a transitional residence program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The person filling this position is expected to ensure the smooth running and coordination of all project/program-related staff and services on a day-to-day basis, in order to ensure that all project/program goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a monthly/project cycle basis; including the following:
- Provide appropriate interventions and a range of "instant response" services when a participant's immediate well-being and safety is threatened.
- Debrief incident response with staff and administrative team.
- Coach staff on appropriate incident response interventions.
- Assist participants in attaining their goals by identifying and locating community resources for participants and by making referrals to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA.
- Conduct initial assessment and screenings of participants and/or participants' families.
- Counsel participants regarding issues such as: abusive behavior, family dynamics, healthy personal choices, substance abuse, mental and physical health/trauma related issues.
- Develop and implement workshops and trainings on evidenced based trainings including mental health first aide and motivational interviewing.
- Lead group counseling and psycho-education sessions to enhance social development and psychological education of individual participants and provide peer support.
Licensed Master's Degree of Social Work (LMSW or LCSW).
Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
Must be able to pass CNCS background screening requirements.
This position is in East Elmhurst, Queens.