Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP): Through this New York City Department of Youth and Community Development sponsored program, CAMBA places youth ages 14 to 24 in minimum wage work experiences, and oversees their employment. Youth work for six weeks during July and August, and placements are made in both public agencies and private non-profits. Types of work include clerical, custodial, teacher's aides, library assistants, hospital and recreational aides. As a project sponsor since 1995, CAMBA distributes applications, conducts intake, develops jobs, and monitors employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to conduct periodic reviews of SYEP placements with both employers and youth clients, with a view toward achieving a mutually-satisfactory relationship between the two.
- Through periodic telephone calls and site visits to employment locations, assure that youth clients are working appropriately with employers.
- Through periodic telephone calls and site visits to employment locations, assure that employers are working appropriately with youth clients.
- Provide conflict resolution between employers and employees, as needed.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Current undergraduate student.
This is a temporary position.