Success Coach, Adult Education Instructor, Workforce for HomeBase
CAMBA's Workforce for HomeBase Program is seeking an Adult Education Instructor/ Success Coach to join a team providing an innovative new model of service. CAMBA's HomeBase Program provides case management and essential services to at-risk individuals and families in Brooklyn and Staten Island to prevent homelessness, helping them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
In this role, you will assist clients in identifying and clarifying their career and financial goals for personal success and partner with them to improve their focus and presentation skills, secure employment and assess potential career pathways, as well as access financial coaching, educational and vocational training opportunities to advance their job options and earning power.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting clients to identify and achieve realistic goals, exploring their unique processing styles and ingrained habits/beliefs, as well as creating actionable steps to meet their goals
- Partnering with clients to improve areas of personal development including: executive function concerns, time-management, motivation, stress management, and decision-making
- Familiarizing students with career, educational and training resources, developing a timely career track congruent with students' chosen pursuits
- Providing classroom instruction on relevant subjects (i.e. Goal setting, Personal finances and budgeting, Job search skills, Career path planning, etc.)
- Documenting and tracking client progress in case file and/or database
- Managing and maintaining all program related data and records
- Coordinating with internal and external partners to facilitate clients' progress toward goals
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) and one year of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience
- Experience in adult education and career exploration - teaching style must be hands-on, interactive, and participatory (not lecture based)
- Working knowledge of coaching and motivating - guiding individuals through the stages of change leading to new behaviors and habits
- Experience in working successfully with people from a broad range of backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal communication, organization and computer skills; high energy and enthusiasm to work with adult students and propel them toward success; ability to design and implement innovative programs with a strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of NYC workforce development, educational, vocational training and financial literacy programs a plus
- Familiarity with NYC public benefits and housing subsidies a plus
CAMBA offers a fulfilling, friendly, diverse work environment with competitive salaries, opportunities to grow professionally, and excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays annually plus 15 paid vacation and 3 personal days per calendar year after 6 months.
Please send resume and cover letter in MS word attachment to:submitresumes@CAMBA.org
Please write "Success Coach/Adult Education Instructor, Workforce for HomeBase" in the subject line.