CAMBA's The Landing Family Shelter is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 169 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The three story facility has rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected to ensure the smooth day-to-day running and supervision of social services staff and services in accordance with program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols; including the following:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol & Procedures.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Communicate effectively with clients, direct reporting staff, peers, supervisors, and funders.
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract's goals and performance targets.
- Provide training and support to staff and team members regarding psychoeducation, mental health assessments and other techniques (i.e., motivational interviewing).
- Develop and implement quarterly training sessions for the continued education and professional development of shelter staff.
- Serve as a liaison and develop linkage agreements with other community-based organizations and local mental health service providers, as necessary.
- Motivate, coach and counsel direct reporting staff to excel.
- Ensure that all direct reporting staff completes all necessary documentations including ILPs and referrals to providers as required.
- Ensure that all client charting documentation is up-to-date and reflects services provided such as service plans, re-certifications and psychiatric assessments.
- Assist with the development of program content to address residents needs related to housing, substance abuse treatment, mental health and employment.
- Provide assistance, interventions and follow-up in regards to critical incidents with clients.
- Encourage teamwork among direct reporting staff as well as among peers.
- Troubleshoot client and direct reporting staff program problems and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Conduct and document one-on-on supervision of direct reporting staff to assess and improve work performance i.e. identify training needs, professional development etc.
- Overcome resistance to change from clients, direct reporting staff, and supervisors/funders.
- Administer constructive discipline to direct reporting staff, as needed.
- Monitor clients' progress toward their goals (dates achieved) and document via progress notes.
- Review all documentation related to clients' progress for accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Review and sign time sheets.
- Prepare performance appraisals for directed reporting staff.
- Conduct chart auditing of client files (i.e., paper and electronically).
- Ensure staff utilization of electronic database and conduct oversight to ensure data integrity.
- Manage own time effectively and coordinate program activities to maximize time of direct reporting staff.
- Lead and participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and 2 years of supervisory experience.
Experience working with low-income, high-needs families.
Knowledgeable about child development, trauma informed care, culturally affirming and responsive work, and family-based clinical interventions.
Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
This position is in East Elmhurst, Queens.