CAMBA's The Landing Family Shelter is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 169 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The three story facility has rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected to: (1) provide individual and/or group counseling services to assist clients and their families to achieve healthy relationships, emotional stability, personal development and/or adjustment; and, (2) counsel clients regarding issues such as: abusive behavior, family dynamics, healthy personal choices, substance abuse, mental and physical health/trauma related issues; including the following:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol & Procedures.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Assist clients in completing all CAMBA intake applications, screenings and forms.
- Create and maintain client files and make file copies.
- Conduct initial risk assessment of clients and clients' families.
- Prepare initial biopsychosocial evaluation and update according to regulations.
- Provide a range of "instant response" services when a client's immediate well-being and safety is threatened.
- In collaboration with clients and case managers, assist in the preparation of initial Independent Living Plan (ILP), including short-term and long-term client goals.
- Assist clients in attaining their goals by identifying community resources and by referring clients to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA (i.e., medical services and psychiatric services, etc.).
- Follow-up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organization.
- Consult with others both inside and outside of CAMBA to determine causes of client problems and effect solutions.
- Act as advocate on behalf of clients and client families' to arrange for medical, psychiatric, educational and other tests and examinations that may disclose causes of client difficulties and indicate remedial measures.
- Attempt to alter clients' and their families' attitudes and behaviors that cause or aggravate problems.
- Facilitate or participate in case conferences with all stakeholders in clients life to ensure collaborative approach to services.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Lead group counseling sessions and psychoeducation to enhance social development and psychological education of individual clients and provide peer support.
- Monitor clients' progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled face-to-face contacts/sessions.
- Document client contact via progress notes within 48 hours or 3 business days.
- Periodically reassess clients and update services plans and goals to reflect current status.
- Follow-up with clients for a period of time after successful completion of their primary goals to assure client stability (aftercare).
- Ensure that all clients' charts contain all required documentation.
Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) required.
Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
This position is in East Elmhurst, Queens.