HRA Scattered Site Housing: This program provides 60 units of scattered-site supportive housing to chronically homeless single adults and adult families with family members who have a serious mental illness or substance use disorder, including those who may have a co-occurring serious mental illness and substance use disorder. Supportive service s will be provided in an effort to support clients maintain housing by being connected to services needed such as medical, mental health, substance abuse treatment, as well as benefits, legal, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to: (1) operate a variety of company vehicles to transport passengers such as clients, employees, and/or supplies and materials; (2) make repairs, paint, and perform other upkeep functions to maintain the organization's physical facilities, and clients' apartments; (3) load, unload, and carry furniture and supplies up stairs and move furniture and supplies as needed; (4) clean exterior grounds around building and dumpster; (5) fulfill security and/or courier/messenger or marketing tasks in addition to maintenance tasks .
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Sufficient education and technical expertise: to comprehend written and oral instructions (work orders); to accomplish maintenance tasks; and to do cument accomplished tasks.
- Knowledge about, understanding of, and at least one year of experience working with, persons with HIV/AIDS and related issues.
- Must have Valid New York State Driver's License and excellent driving history.
- Must complete NYS Approved Defensive Driving Classes every 3 years.
- Must take Refresher Computerized Defensive Driver class
- Must remain insurable based on CAMBA's point system throughout the duration of employment.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must score at least 80% on computerized 15 passenger van improvement test every year.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must pass an observed Van Road Test
- Acknowledge review of CAMBA's Transportation Policy