CAMBA is currently seeking an intern for Project Accept LGBTQ Youth (ALY), an HIV prevention program promoting parental and familial acceptance of LGBTQ youth in Brooklyn.
1. Coordinating and conducting activities to support a Spanish-language social marketing campaign, including:
- Helping conduct and transcribe Spanish-language interviews for formative research;
- helping coordinate conduct Spanish-language focus groups;
- giving feedback on the development of a social marketing campaign;
2. Networking with agencies that provide services to LGBT youth and their parents.
3. Conducting outreach to distribute Project ALY materials; and
4. Attendance at relevant trainings and meetings.
- Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish fluently;
- Knowledge of issues affecting LGBT youth of color in Brooklyn;
- Ability to work in a diverse community setting; and
- Commitment of 6-8 hours per week.
Students seeking internship will be supervised by MPH staff.
For more information, please contact Lisa Koffler, Assistant Director, (718) 675-3372, ext. 52004, firstname.lastname@example.org.