Community Liaison I, Homelessness Prevention Initiative (HomeBase) and CAMBA Legal Services--Housing Unit - Staten Island
Homelessness Prevention Initiative (HomeBase) is a CAMBA program that provides case management and essential services to 4000 at-risk individuals and families in Brooklyn and Staten Island to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households. CAMBA Legal Services, Inc. (CLS) is the legal services arm of CAMBA, Inc. CLS provides free civil legal services to low-income New Yorkers in the areas of consumer law, foreclosure prevention, immigration, housing law, and domestic violence assistance. In addition to providing direct representation and providing legal advice and counsel to thousands of clients, CAMBA attorneys also engage in legislative advocacy, impact litigation in both state and federal court, provide community education and offer expert training on a wide range of issues, services that allow members of our community improve their lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to interact with clients, their families, the community-at-large, and school administrative personnel to monitor attendance and participation in program activities.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Must have Valid New York State Driver's License and excellent driving history.
- Must complete NYS Approved Defensive Driving Classes every 3 years.
- Must take Refresher Computerized Defensive Driver class
- Must remain insurable based on CAMBA's point system throughout the duration of employment.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must score at least 80% on computerized 15 passenger van improvement test every year.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must pass an observed Van Road Test.
- Acknowledge review of CAMBA's Transportation Policy.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
This position is located in Staten Island.