Homelessness Prevention Initiative (HomeBase) is a CAMBA program that provides case management and essential services to at-risk individuals and families to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The person filling this position is expected to ensure the smooth running and coordination of all project/program-related staff and services on a day-to-day basis, in order to ensure that all project/program goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a monthly/project cycle basis; including the following:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Provide financial literacy training to clients.
- Assist clients with all aspects of the Household Financial Assistance requests.
- Review all requests for Household Financial Assistance and make recommendations to the Program Director.
- Coordinate and document all financial transactions between program and clients in a timely manner.
- Compute subsidies accurately and timely, and review monthly.
- Monitor disbursements of tokens and issue replenishment as needed.
- Work with Bookkeeper to ensure timely payment of Household Financial Assistance.
- Assist clients in obtaining no/low-interest loans, entitlements and other resources.
- Maintain client contact and feedback.
- Participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience.
Knowledge of, and commitment to, issues surrounding housing and homelessness.
This position is located in Staten Island.
CAMBA offers a fulfilling, friendly, diverse work environment with competitive salaries, opportunities to grow professionally, and excellent benefits including 13 Holidays annually plus
15 paid vacation and 3 personal days per calendar year after 6 months.