SVP for Development and Communications
Office of Development and Communications cultivates relationships with funders, stakeholders, elected officials and community members in order to support CAMBA's growth and high quality programming. Reporting to the President & CEO, the S/VP is responsible for meeting the organization's fundraising goals through donor cultivation, institutional and individual fundraising, grant proposals and special events held throughout the year. Development and Communications develops and executes CAMBA's communications strategy and government affairs. Key tasks include:
- In partnership with President & CEO and Board, develop annual and medium-term fundraising goals and lead strategies to achieve those targets.
- Oversee all fundraising operations including prospect research, writing and editing of proposals, cultivation and solicitation of corporate, foundation and individual gifts.
- Oversee the development, planning and coordination of special events and fundraising campaigns to meet strategic goals.
- Coordinate fundraising and solicitation activities with the President & CEO and Board, including providing and delivering development updates, staffing board committees and assisting with Board Development.
- Oversee that agency's communications strategy, including brand management and organizational positioning.
- Oversee management of all communications channels, including print and online publications, website, social media, direct mail and paid and earned media campaigns.
- Oversee media relationships, including developing relationships with the press, ensuring all media inquiries are fielded in a manner that is timely, accurate and consistent with overall strategy.
- Oversee intranet and internal communications, including program directory, site maps, online directory and other dynamic sources of information on CAMBA programs.
- Coordinate legislative agenda with the program staff and President & CEO, including managing budget meetings, submitting funding applications, and site visits. Serve as the primary point person lobbyist, elected officials and community boards.
- Create strategic alliances and oversee participation in coalitions to maintain/restore government funding for CAMBA programs.
- Develop and deliver presentations for hearing and meetings with community and elected officials.
- Create legislative breakfasts, tours of facilities, and visits to programs to ensure elected officials and community stakeholders are familiar with all the services CAMBA provides.
- Oversee fundraising, communications, social media, government affairs, special events and public relations staff, and consultants, as needed.