Assistant Program Manager (Director of Security and Operations), Magnolia House Women's Shelter
CAMBA's Magnolia House located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn serves 200 single women at any given time. The majority of these clients are diagnosed with mental illness, some dually with chemical addictions as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to ensure the smooth day-to-day running, coordination and supervision of security, maintenance and operation staff in accordance with all program goals and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols; including the following:
- Understand all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff.
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA shelters and external agencies on issues related to client progress and best practices.
- Work with staff to set realistic weekly and monthly performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Observe direct reporting staff engaging with clients and/or supervisory staff.
- Conduct periodic internal file review and implement Quality Assurance measures as needed to ensure quality service delivery to clients (i.e.-address and investigate client complaints).
- Assist the Senior Program Manager in providing oversight for all aspects of the program in his/her absence.
- Prepare reports and statistical information for both CAMBA management and funder use.
- Assist in the analysis of program and demographic client data to make programmatic improvements.
- Organize onsite and offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff.
- Confer with the Senior Program Manager, Vice-President, and/or other CAMBA management staff as needed regarding programmatic and personnel issues.
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract's goals and performance targets as outlined in DHS' Performance Incentive Plan.
- Troubleshoot client and direct reporting staff program problems and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Develop and implement crisis prevention and/or intervention strategies to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Provide assistance and follow-up in regards to critical incidents with clients.
- Develop, implement and manage facility security and preventive maintenance plan.
- Oversee and ensure the daily security and maintenance of the facility.
- Conduct scheduling, planning and training of security staff to ensure that security arrangements are compliant with DHS requirements.
- Oversee and/or ensure provision of repairs, improvements, and cleaning of facility on a timely basis.
- Maintain equipment and tools.
- Ensure contractual services (i.e., extermination, fire safety system, HVAC) are provided as required.
- Ensure vehicle, vehicle registration, insurance, inspection, etc. are up to date and maintained.
- Ensure that City and state rules and regulations are adhered to in regards to sanitation, snow removal, sidewalk litter, DHS, OTDA, FDNY, Callahan, Dept. of State, etc.
- Liaison with community leaders and groups to build connections, gain support and troubleshoot issues/concerns.
- Ensure staff utilization of electronic database and conduct oversight to ensure data integrity.
- Conduct and document one-on-one supervision of direct reporting staff to assess and improve work performance (i.e. identify training needs, professional development, etc.).
- Review and sign time sheets.
- Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting staff.
- Attend staff/funder/outside agency meetings as requested.
- Immediately report to the appropriate Senior Program Manager/Vice-President any: monitoring visits or funders' events; significant events; any incident that might subject CAMBA to liability.
- Complete incident reports, weekly and monthly reports.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and conduct regular staff/departmental meetings.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week