SVP for Evaluation & Strategy, Program Evaluation and Data Analysis
CAMBA's Department of Program Evaluation and Data Analysis measures the outcomes of CAMBA's programs regularly and systematically. In partnership with programs, this newly-create department determines outcome indicators, design and implement data collection methods, and analyze and report on data to support program management and evaluation. The SVP for Evaluation and Strategy will lead this newly created department, including responsibility for CAMBA's outcome management data system, and the development of key performance indicators and dashboards for programs and administrative functions, and the implementation, monitoring and updating of the agency's 2017-20 Strategic Plan.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the SVP is will work closely with programmatic executives to provide actionable data on their programs, with the SVP for Strategic Partnerships to generate reports and other external communications, and with administrative functions to support their performance measurement and reporting. Key tasks include:
- Create and implement systems for the development and use of evaluation plans for diverse human services programs. Plans may include implementation analysis, process mapping, pre-post analyses, impact evaluation, cost-benefit analysis, or other methods as appropriate and realistic given agency resources.
- In partnership with programs, provide the framework for the development and revision of logic models, and ensuring that appropriate comparison groups or benchmarks are determined for every program.
- Lead the creation of agency-wide dashboards to provide a snapshot of progress across all divisions and programs, in accordance with the agency strategic plan, and proactively monitor their use and adjust according to agency needs.
- Develop and implement staff training, data reviews and other workshops to facilitate agency-wide shift to outcome-focused, data-driven decision-making
- Lead the development, coordination, and implementation of the outcome measurement database to ensure our technology meets evolving agency needs.
- Collaborate closely with SVP for Strategic Partnerships to deliver reports or data analyses needed to support funding applications and reports, website and print publications
- Work closely with program leadership to ensure staff buy-in and active participation in the evaluation process
- In collaboration with program staff, work with key government agencies to access to data and databases, and advocate for the inclusion of key measures in funder databases.
- Create and leverage productive relationships with researchers and students to extend CAMBA's program evaluation capacity.
Strategic Plan Implementation
- Coordinate with all working groups to monitor and update the strategic plan implementation timely on a quarterly basis
- In partnership with EVP Chair of the Program Evaluation working group, regularly report on progress in program evaluation implementation plan.
- Determine overall staffing pattern for the team
- Oversee program evaluation, database and strategic planning staff, and consultants.