Supervisor II, Learning to Work for Transfer Schools at Judith Kaye HS
Learning to Work (LTW) for Transfer Schools Program will provide services to 91 students, ages 16-21 who are over-aged for grade, under-credited, and have spent at least one year in another high school to earn a high school diploma and gain valuable vocational and life skills supports. Using the Primary Person Model, each student will have a Career Advocate who will: guide students towards removing barriers toward graduation, engage students in college preparatory activities, provide supportive services, and increase self-direction and self-sufficiency through meaningful career exploration experiences, including subsidized internship placements for 91 students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to ensure the smooth day-to-day running and supervision of program-related staff and services in accordance with all program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols; including the following:
- Communicate effectively with students, direct reporting staff, peers, supervisors, and funders.
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract's goals and performance targets.
- Motivate, coach and counsel direct reporting staff to excel.
- Improve teamwork among direct reporting staff as well as among peers.
- Troubleshoot customer and direct reporting staff program problems, and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Work with direct reporting staff to improve work performance through customer feedback, training, and other appropriate mechanisms.
- Overcome resistance to change from students, direct reporting staff, and supervisors/funders.
- Administer constructive discipline to direct reporting staff, as needed.
- Manage own time effectively and coordinate program activities to maximize time of direct reporting staff.
- Monitor students' progress towards their goals weekly.
- Review all documentation related to students' progress for accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Lead and participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
- Review and sign timesheets.
- Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting staff.
Licensed Master's Degree in Social Work (LMSW).
- Must obtain Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- Ability to adapt to the culture and environment of a public school.