Supervisor II (Client Care Supervisor), Flagstone Family Center
CAMBA's Flagstone Family Center provides comprehensive case management services to 158 families who are in a Tier II transitional residence program for homeless families. The facility consists of eight (8) four (4) story walk up apartment buildings on the east and west sides of the street. There will be two main entrances: one for the east side of the street and one for the west. Each building contains 20 apartments of varying sizes, each fully self-contained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to ensure the smooth day-to-day running and supervision of social services staff and services in accordance with program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols; including the following:
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Communicate effectively with clients, direct reporting staff, peers, supervisors, and funders.
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract's goals and performance targets.
- Provide training and support to staff and team members regarding psychoeducation, mental health assessments and other techniques (i.e., motivational interviewing).
- Develop and implement quarterly training sessions for the continued education and professional development of shelter staff.
- Serve as a liaison and develop linkage agreements with other community-based organizations and local mental health service providers, as necessary.
- Motivate, coach and counsel direct reporting staff to excel.
- Ensure that all direct reporting staff completes all necessary documentations including ILPs and referrals to providers as required.
- Ensure that all client charting documentation is up-to-date and reflects services provided such as service plans, re-certifications and psychiatric assessments.
- Assist with the development of program content to address residents needs related to housing, substance abuse treatment, mental health and employment.
- Provide assistance, interventions and follow-up in regards to critical incidents with clients.
- Encourage teamwork among direct reporting staff as well as among peers.
- Troubleshoot client and direct reporting staff program problems and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Conduct and document one-on-on supervision of direct reporting staff to assess and improve work performance i.e. identify training needs, professional development etc.
- Overcome resistance to change from clients, direct reporting staff, and supervisors/funders.
- Administer constructive discipline to direct reporting staff, as needed.
- Monitor clients' progress toward their goals (dates achieved) and document via progress notes.
- Review all documentation related to clients' progress for accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Review and sign time sheets.
- Prepare performance appraisals for directed reporting staff.
- Conduct chart auditing of client files (i.e., paper and electronically).
- Ensure staff utilization of electronic database and conduct oversight to ensure data integrity.
- Manage own time effectively and coordinate program activities to maximize time of direct reporting staff.
- Lead and participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working with low-income, high-needs families.
- Knowledgeable about child development, trauma informed care, culturally affirming and responsive work, and family-based clinical interventions.
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.