Supervisor I (Facility Coordinator), The Gathering Place
The Gathering Place is a Drop-In Center in Brooklyn serving 75 homeless men and women 18 years and older. The Center is open from 6am to 8:30pm / 7-days-a-week and provides a safe, sanitary, and stable alternative to the street. The Center's goal is to re-connect clients to treatment services and assist in their transition to temporary shelter and/or permanent housing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to ensure the smooth day-to-day running and supervision of maintenance/driver staff and services in accordance with program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols; including the following:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Develop, implement and manage a preventive maintenance plan that ensures all facility standards are met.
- Ensure staff attends all necessary universal precaution trainings.
- Train direct reporting staff on facility operations and proper use of all equipment in accordance with DHS requirements.
- Report any and all inoperable tools/equipment to Assistant Program Manager (Sec./Oper.).
- Provide and/or oversee the provision of minor repairs and improvements to facility not otherwise provided by facility landlord or DHS staff, i.e. installation of locks, painting plastering, and small plumbing repairs.
- Provide and/or oversee the provision of maintenance to the facility through daily cleaning of dormitory, bathrooms, hallways, staff offices, etc.
- Ensure proper maintenance inventory and storage of all maintenance equipment, supplies and tools.
- Report need for maintenance or repairs of HVAC, elevator, fire safety and security system.
- Ensure contractual services (i.e. extermination, fire extinguishers, plumbers) are provided as required.
- Ensure vehicle is properly maintained according to CAMBA's vehicle transportation policy and through completion of van maintenance checklist.
- Ensure that direct reporting staff is in compliance with city and state rules and regulations (i.e. DHS, OTDA, FDNY, Callihan, Dept. of State, etc.).
- Communicate effectively with clients, direct reporting staff, peers, and supervisors.
- Motivate, coach and counsel direct reporting staff to excel.
- Encourage teamwork among direct reporting staff as well as among peers.
- Assess client and direct reporting staff problems and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Work with direct reporting staff to improve work performance through client feedback, training, weekly documentation of one-on-one supervision of staff.
- Administer constructive discipline to direct reporting staff, as needed.
- Participate in administrative and all-staff meetings as needed.
- Coordinate and lead regularly scheduled maintenance staff meetings.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Complete incident reports, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting staff.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
HS Diploma or GED and 3 years applicable experience, or Associate's degree and 2 years experience, or Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience.