Administrative Assistant I, Homelessness Prevention Initiative (HomeBase) & Workforce Development
CAMBA's HomeBase Program provides case management and essential services to at-risk individuals and families in Brooklyn and Staten Island to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
CAMBA's comprehensive Workforce Development program annually provides over 1,800 low income community members with employment, education, training, benefits access, financial literacy and English language services. CAMBA specializes in assisting those with special barriers to employment including low skilled workers, long-term unemployed, immigrants and refugees, limited English speakers, formerly homeless, seniors, formerly incarcerated, trauma survivors and victims of human trafficking. These programs are performance-based, and success is measured by meeting enrollment, employment placement, training, retention and case management goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing top notch administrative support to ensure the smooth operations of all departments
- Providing professional customer service while ensuring confidentiality is maintained: greeting, accommodating and monitoring clients in the waiting area; answering and screening incoming telephone calls and directing callers and general voicemail messages to the appropriate personnel
- Assisting non-clerical staff with clerical work (i.e., data collection and data verification)
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office software and knowledge of databases.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute.
- Energetic, proactive, customer-service oriented, culturally competent, team player
- Excellent sense of humor, flexibility, ability to multi-task and work under pressure
CAMBA offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits and an opportunity to work in a friendly and diverse work environment.