CAMBA's General Finance Department is responsible for assuring that the financial policies of the Agency conform to all laws, regulations and CAMBA's fiscal policies, and that all financial resources are controlled, recorded and reported. The General Finance Department plans, organizes, and monitors the financial activities of the Agency. The department is responsible for the day to day management of all the Agency's cash services including, but not limited to: Cash Receipts, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable. This Department prepares the comprehensive combined financial statements and prepares for and oversees the year-end financial audit, the A133 and all funder required audits. Due to the need for segregation of duties, for internal control, some duties for Bookkeepers and Clerks may vary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the facilitation of internal audits and preparation for external audits (i.e., preparing workpapers, for funder, financial and A-133 audits, gathering relevant documentation and account analysis, etc.).
- Compile and review supporting documentation in relation to funder audits.
- Respond to senior management request for account analysis.
- Prepare Payment Request Packages.
- Prepare journal entries, as required.
- Prepare and analyze reconciliations of general ledger activity to reported expenditures
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High school diploma or G.E.D. and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in not-for-profit accounting.
- Knowledge of GAAP, accounting procedures, audit schedules, and financial reporting requirements.
- Very strong computer skills - Excel and Accounting programs (MIP a plus)
- Must abide by strict ethical standards.
- Must maintain integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality at all times.
- Must avoid personal conflicts of interest.
We are a growing Agency and strive to be an Employer of Choice. As such we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a healthy work-life balance, collaborative team environment and many opportunities for personal growth and professional development. We pride ourselves on our mission to provide services that connect people with opportunities to enhance their quality of life.