CAMBA'S Food Programs, made up of the NOEP Program and the Beyond Hunger Emergency Food Pantry, work to ensure that no one in Brooklyn go hungry. The NOEP Program provides outreach to individuals and families who may be eligible for Food Stamps. Staff assists eligible persons on-site in filling out their applications and provides referrals to other food and nutritional resources. The Beyond Hunger Emergency Food Pantry, in Partnership with United Way of NYC, distributes a 3 day supply of 3 meals per day of nutritional food to CAMBA clients-as well as those referred to us by churches and other agencies – due to hunger or lack of funds for adequate food purchase. Services also include review of public benefits and assistance with applications, money management, nutritional education, referrals to social service programs and health care providers, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to ensure the smooth day-to-day running and supervision of program-related staff and services in accordance with all program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual preferred.
- New York State Driver's License preferred.
- Must have Valid New York State Driver's License and excellent driving history.
- Must complete NYS Approved Defensive Driving Classes every 3 years.
- Must take Refresher Computerized Defensive Driver class.
- Must remain insurable based on CAMBA's point system throughout the duration of employment.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must score at least 80% on computerized 15 passenger van improvement test every year.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must pass an observed Van Road Test.
- Acknowledge review of CAMBA's Transportation Policy.
This is a full-time temporary position.