CAMBA Housing Ventures has developed and will operate Supportive Family Housing at Van Dyke, a 101 unit supportive/affordable housing development for individuals and families. Van Dyke will be located on the campus of Van Dyke Houses, a NYCHA-owned public housing development in the Brownsville neighborhood in Brooklyn. The Van Dyke facility will provide 30 units for New York/New York III formerly homeless families. The remaining 71 units will provide housing for low-income households, including a live-in superintendent. Fifty-two units will be set aside for NYCHA residents. CAMBA will serve 30 chronically homeless families, or families at serious risk of becoming chronically homeless, in which the head of household suffers from a serious and persistent mental illness or is diagnosed as mentally ill and chemically addicted under Population Option II.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to: (1) maintain access control and traffic inside facilities to maintain order and security of people and property; (2) detect and/or prevent fires, vandalism, theft, or infractions of the rules; (3) maintain assigned posts throughout the facility until properly relieved; (4) protect employees, visitors and tenants; and, (5) provide directions to visitors when requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High school diploma or G.E.D and/or equivalent experience.
- Must have 8 hour Pre-Assignment security guard training course certificate.
- Must obtain 16 hour On-the-Job security guard training course certificate within 90 days of employment.
- Must complete 8 Hour Annual In-Service Course each calendar year.
- Must have and maintain a NYS Security Guard license.
- Must obtain NYS Security Guard registration, and must maintain registration during employment.
- Must obtain Fire guard certification and maintain it throughout employment.