CAMBA Kids Shine After School: This after-school program serves 140 children in grades K - 2 at PS 361 in East Flatbush, Brooklyn. Started in the fall of 2012, this after-school program is funded by NYS Office of Children and Family Services and 21st Century. Program services are offered 5 days a week. The program features supper and socialization, homework help, academic enrichment, conflict resolution, recreation, creative arts, community circle, and clubs. No holiday or summer services provided at this site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to interact with participants, their families, the community-at-large, and school administrative personnel to monitor attendance and participation in program activities. This position involves administrative work and data entry.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Must obtain Dept. of Health, Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance; doctor's note certifying good health; proof of negative results from TB test; Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and State Central Registry (SCR) clearance.
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- Ability to adapt to the culture and environment of a public school
- After school programs operate Monday thru Friday for 3 hours directly after day school dismissal.
- This position is M-F 10 AM-6PM