Human Resources Assistant, Human Resources Department (HR)
CAMBA's Human Resources (HR) Department manages all aspects of human resources and administrative functions such as onboarding, employee benefits, compensation, recruitment, interviewing, hiring new staff in accordance with all regulatory policies and requirements, and performance measurement/appraisal. The Human Resources Department's goals are to enhance employee morale and productivity, limit job turnover, effectively use employee skills/knowledge/abilities, provide training and development opportunities to improve those skills, and increase employees' job satisfaction.
The person filling this position is expected to facilitate and provide professional and/or administrative support to maximize efficiency within the Human Resources Department. They will also have excellent planning and organizing skills with the ability and willingness to multi-task and use time efficiently. As well as:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol & Procedures.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Conduct and manage all HR filing tasks to ensure that files are complete and in compliance with agency and funder regulations at all times.
- Complete verification of employment by preparing letters and forms regarding employment start date, salaries, etc., as requested by employees/employers (for banking, mortgages, landlords, HRA forms, etc.)
- Assist with a variety of HR administration tasks including data entry into various modules, ordering and tracking supplies, making and maintaining a supply of copies of forms necessary for new employee orientation packages, making employee IDs, etc.
- Enroll and/or terminate employees in the Transit Commuter Benefit Plan and assist employees to troubleshoot claim issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Must abide by strict ethical standards.
- Must maintain integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality at all times.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the organization and its human resources policies.
- Be informed about equal employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
We are a growing Agency and strive to be an Employer of Choice. As such we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a healthy work-life balance, collaborative team environment and many opportunities for personal growth and professional development. We pride ourselves on our mission to provide services that connect people with opportunities to enhance their quality of life.