Assistant Program Director, Health Homes
CAMBA's Health Home program is an innovative new model of care management focused on improving the health outcomes for individuals with severe mental illness & other complex chronic illnesses through coordinated networks of medical, psychiatric, behavioral health, social service & housing providers. Staff will use cutting-edge health information technology & a unified plan of care to ensure all clients connect to & maintain primary medical care, prevent hospital stays, &/or reduce the length of hospitalizations. CAMBA's participation in health home places it at the forefront of a broad system wide change that will have a significant impact on many human services sectors.
The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to: (1) assist, direct and manage a variety of programs; (2) provide direct supervision of direct reporting staff; (3) assist in program and contract development, oversee regulatory compliance, facilities management, and policy and systems development; (4) interact with vendors and sub-contractors on a regular basis; etc.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) and three years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience. Master's Degree or advanced degree in the following fields preferred: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Master of Public Administration (MPA), Master of Public Health, or Registered Nurse (RN). A license is required of these Master's Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy.
- Knowledge about, understanding of, and ability to work closely with, persons with chronic illnesses.
- Experience with public speaking, leading teams, team building, and community networking.
- Experience with the use of technology and the integration of technology into program workflow.
- Experience with community outreach and/or sales.
- Bi-lingual English with any one of the following languages: Spanish, Russian, Haitian-Creole, Chinese (Mandarin or Mandarin/Cantonese) preferred.
- Prefer someone with progressive management, administrative and leadership experience overseeing large population of social service recipients.
- Some evening/weekend availability may be required.