Supervisor I (Case Manager Project Coordinator), Health Home
CAMBA's Health Home program is an innovative new model of care management focused on improving the health outcomes for individuals with severe mental illness & other complex chronic illnesses through coordinated networks of medical, psychiatric, behavioral health, social service & housing providers. Staff will use cutting-edge health information technology & a unified plan of care to ensure all clients connect to & maintain primary medical care, prevent hospital stays, &/or reduce the length of hospitalizations. CAMBA's participation in health home places it at the forefront of a broad system wide change that will have a significant impact on many human services sectors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to ensure the smooth day-to-day running and supervision of program-related staff and services in accordance with all program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols; including the following:
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Communicate effectively with direct reporting staff, peers, supervisors, clients, community partners and funders.
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract's goals and performance targets.
- Motivate, coach and counsel direct reporting staff to excel.
- Improve teamwork among direct reporting staff as well as among peers.
- Reach out and market the program to the community in order to recruit clients.
- Troubleshoot customer and direct reporting staff program problems, and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Work with direct reporting staff to improve work performance through client feedback, training, weekly documentation and one-on-one supervision.
- Overcome resistance to change from clients, direct reporting staff, and supervisors/funders.
- Administer constructive discipline to direct reporting staff, as needed.
- Manage own time effectively and coordinate program activities to maximize time of direct reporting staff.
- Monitor clients' progress towards their goals weekly.
- Review all documentation related to clients' progress for accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Lead and participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
- Review and sign timesheets.
- Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting staff.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Associates Degree in a related field and three years of experience or Bachelor's degree and two years of experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge about, understanding of, and ability to work closely with, persons with HIV/AIDS and related issues.
- Must obtain clearance via negative TST test and negative drug test.
- Bi-lingual English with any one of the following languages: Spanish, Russian, Haitian-Creole, Chinese (Mandarin or Mandarin/Cantonese) preferred.
- Some evening/weekend availability may be required.