Mission and Values
Board of Directors & Executive Staff
Videos: Lives Transformed
In the News
Education & Youth Development
CAMBA Junior Board
CAMBA Casino Night Out 2017
Ways to Support your LGBT Child
Education ＆ Youth Development
Condom Distribution Program
Resources for Families of LGBT Youth
Stories of Acceptance
Ways to Support Your LGBT Child
Women's Prevention Services
Ways to Support your LGBT Child*
1. Express acceptance if your child comes out as LGBT.
2. Encourage your child to speak openly and honestly about who they are.
3. Welcome your LGBT child to participate in all family activities.
4. Encourage all family members and close friends to respect your LGBT child.
5. Believe your LGBT child can have a happy future as an adult.
6. Invite your LGBT child’s friends to your home and to family events.
7. Work to make your community and faith groups supportive of LGBT people.
8. Advocate for your LGBT child when he or she is bullied, harassed, or discriminated against.
9. Introduce your LGBT child to affirming organizations and events.
*From the NYC Administration for Children's Services
Back to Project ALY home
1720 Church Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11226
CAMBA is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All voice telephone numbers on this document may be reached by persons using TTD/TTY equipment via the New York State relay number 1-800-662-1220.