Whether we are making and serving a meal or cleaning and folding linens, our groups truly appreciate the opportunity to be involved in part of the greater work CAMBA is doing. -Tracee Henneke, New York City Director, Center for Student Missions
Respite Bed Main | About Volunteering | Host a Respite Bed Site
The Respite Bed Program has a number of opportunities for groups to help meet the needs of homeless New Yorkers. We welcome groups between 3 and 10 individuals. Larger groups are welcome to break up and serve over more than one day or site. We have opportunities for adults and youth
Weekly / Monthly Shelter Hosting
- Groups are matched with a partner Respite Site
- Coordinate dinner and overnight hosting on a regular basis
- Available evenings Monday – Sunday (times vary)
- Groups sort, fold and package linen for distribution to the Respite Sites
- Available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Whole or partial days
For more information or to sign-up for a group volunteer opportunity, please contact Yehudit Moch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 347-728-8247.