Morris Manor Overview
Developer: CAMBA Housing Ventures, Inc.
Development Cost: $8.4 million
Number of Units: 45 Studio Apartments, One 1-bedroom for super
Address:1247 Flatbush Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11226
Architect: Harden Van Arnam Architects PLLC
Contractor: Artec Construction & Development Corp.
Social Service Provider: CAMBA, Inc.
Building Size: 25,212 sq. ft.
Pre-development Financing: Corporation for Supportive Housing
Capital Financing: NYC HPD Supportive Housing Loan Program, NYS Homeless
Housing Assistance Program and Low Income Housing Tax Credit Equity
Syndicator: Enterprise Community Investment
Operations Financing: Shelter Plus Care, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene High Service Needs II, DHS SRO Support Subsidy
Completion Date: Sept., 2008
Property Management: Dougert Management Corp.
About Morris Manor
- Sustainable, permanent affordable and supportive housing in Flatbush, Brooklyn
- Provides affordable housing for low-income individuals earning under 60% AMI and individuals exiting New York City’s shelter system
- 45 fully-furnished studio units
- One unit for on-site super
- One large community room for residents and scheduled community meetings; one computer room
- Lighting, security cameras and 24/7 front desk security increase public safety for tenants and the community
- Healthy indoor air quality, including low-VOC sealants and paints
- Transit-oriented: on B41 line and 0.5 miles to B/Q or 2/5 subway lines
Opened in 2008, Morris Manor is an $8.4 million housing development. This beautiful energy-efficient and sustainable building provides tenants a safe and permanent home, complete with CAMBA on-site social services and a landscaped rear garden with Shona sculpture from Zimbabwe.
Morris Manor has transformed a long-vacant City-owned lot into an attractive neighborhood asset and established a high standard
for affordable housing in Brooklyn.
- On-site case management services provided by CAMBA
- Nutrition counseling, yoga, financial management, computer training
- Holiday and social gatherings
- Access to CAMBA’s comprehensive services
- 2009 Building Brooklyn Awards, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce, Best Affordable Design